5 reasons to love Costa Rica
1) Costa Rica abolished its army in the 1940s to invest in its peoples
education, welfare and environment.
2) Nearly 30% of Costa Rica is protected national parks.
3) Forbes magazine recently voted our local beach in the top five in the
world. Another one of our local beaches has recently been voted as the number one beach in Central and South America in the Trip Advisor traveler poll of 2010.
4) The Nicoya Peninsula is one of a handful of ‘Blue Zones’ in the world.
These are places in the world where people live longer and healthier than anywhere else on earth due their environment and surroundings.
5) And saving the best till last – Costa Rica has just voted in their
first female President, the glamorous Laura Chinchilla.
Dahlia Nahome runs costaricanvacation.com and enjoys writing about the Nicoya Peninsula.