Luxury air safaris over South Australia
Experience South Australia’s vast vistas teeming with free roaming native Australian wildlife from the comfort of a luxury air safari, with three new tours available through luxury operator Chinta Air Tours.
* Extended Outback Wildlife – see the varied wildlife of the Outback, including emus, kangaroos and native birds, staying in unique accommodation (4 days) (read more)
* Uluru to Adelaide Air Safari – from one of Australia’s iconic destinations, Uluru, to three South Australian highlights – Coober Pedy, Flinders Ranges & Adelaide (4 days) (read more)
* The Red Centre & Island Wildlife Air Safari – as above but including Australia’s ‘Galapagos’ – Kangaroo Island (6 days) (read more)
Chinta Air Tours allow visitors to cover vast distances in a relatively short period by combining light aircraft flights with regional airlines and four wheel drive vehicles. The main light aircraft used are Cessnas – high winged aircraft that allow each passenger to have a window seat.
Accommodation on all of the tours is four-star and above, or the best available which can include sleeping in a luxury tented camp, experiencing a luxury eco-villa or staying in an underground hotel. All tours include meals featuring local produce, so guests may dine on locally caught seafood, or an Outback Bush Tucker delicacy.
Highlights of the three new tours include:
– Extended Outback Wildlife – This tour showcases the very best of the South Australian Outback starting with the Gawler Ranges on the Eyre Peninsula. The best time to visit is spring (Aug-Oct) when the landscape is covered in a blanket of wild flowers, which attracts over 100 species of colourful birds and abundant wildlife.
Other highlights include Spencer Gulf, Great Australian Bight and Baird Bay with the chance to swim with sea lions and dolphins. There is also a stay on Kangaroo Island, Australia’s Galapagos with two days of touring with a local, knowledgeable guide. Accommodation includes a luxury safari tent, and boutique bed and breakfast.
– Uluru to Adelaide Air Safari – This tour starts with an overnight stay in Uluru at the fabulous ‘Sails in the Desert’ and includes the renowned ‘Sounds of Silence’ dining experience. A flight to Coober Pedy, the Opal Capital of the World, ensues for a fascinating tour of the mines and a stay in the world’s only underground hotel, the Desert Cave Hotel.
The next day the flying safari continues onto the Flinders Ranges taking in the vast landscapes, including six million acre Anna Creek Station, the size of Wales. Guests stay in award-winning eco-villas at Rawnsley Park Station and enjoy 4WD tours of the national park and Wilpena Pound, walking trails and relaxing at this Outback station, before ending the tour in Adelaide.
– Red Centre & Island Wildlife Air Safari – This tour is an extended version of the Uluru to Adelaide Air Safari tour including Kangaroo Island. Highlights on Kangaroo Island include Seal Bay Conservation Park where visitors learn how Australian sea lions survive the rigour of the Southern Ocean; Parndana Wildlife Park that was set up as an animal refuge; strolling on the stunning beaches of Snelling and Stokes Bays and an evening nature walk through Lathami National Park. Accommodation on the island is at the award winning boutique bed and breakfast property, ‘Seascapes of Emu Bay’.